Professional negligence & liability conference kindly chaired by Jayna Patel of Dutton Gregory – PNLA South of England Representative – and hosted by Outer Temple Chambers.
Keynote address from The Honourable Mr Justice Adam Constable.
Topics include recent case law and practice including solicitors duties and responsibilities, the architect expert’s perspective, AI applied to e-disclosure, a case study discussion session and more.
Drinks afterwards for the PNLA network details to be confirmed.
|Chair - Jayna Patel||Dutton Gregory - PNLA South of England Representative|
|The Honourable Mr Justice Adam Constable KC||High Court Judge|
|Helen Evans KC||4 New Square|
|David E Grant KC||Outer Temple Chambers|
|Simon Arnold and Georgia Purnell||3 Hare Court|
|Jeremy Scott Joynt||Outer Temple Chambers|
|Gus Baker||Outer Temple Chambers|
|Samuel Morley||Hawkins - Architect|
|Philip Demetriou||Senior Director of UK and European Sales at DISCO EMEA|
|Adrian Caley||Account Executive at DISCO EMEA|
|Kevin Wonnacott||Costs Lawyer|
Registration and refreshments
– Jayna Patel – Partner – Dutton Gregory LLP – PNLA South of England Representative
The Honourable Mr Justice Adam Constable KC
1000-1035 (inc 5 mins Q&A)
“Recent developments in Pensions Trusts Wills & Estates Insolvency and Employment”
David E. Grant KC – Outer Temple Chambers
1035-1110 (inc 5 mins Q&A)
“Professional Negligence Update”
Helen Evans KC – 4 New Square
1125-1155 (inc 5 mins Q&A)
“The Expert Architect’s Perspective”
Samuel Morley – Architect – Hawkins & Associates
1155-1230 (inc 5 mins Q&A)
“Professional negligence claims against financial services professionals”
Simon Arnold & Georgia Purnell – 3 Hare Court
1230-1300 (inc 5 mins Q&A)
“ediscovery & Artificial Intelligence”
Philip Demetriou & Adrian Caley– DISCO
Sponsored by:- Hawkins Forensic Scientists & Engineers and DISCO ediscovery solutions
1400-1435 (inc 5 mins Q&A)
“Negligence arising from AI and Tech”
Jeremy Scott-Joynt – Outer Temple Chambers
“Team Case Study Introduction session”
Chair – Gus Baker – Outer Temple Chambers
“Team Case Study Discussion Session”
1615-1645 (inc 5 mins Q&A)
“The New Fixed Costs Regime”
Kevin Wonnacott – Costs Lawyer & Jayna Patel – Dutton Gregory
“Chair’s Closing Remarks Questions and Discussion“
“Sponsored Drinks – (Location TBC) – invitation to PNLA Network”
Terms & Conditions
PNLA is the trading name for:
- The Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association Limited registered in England and Wales No 5206167. Registered Office: 61 Macrae Road Pill Bristol BS20 0DD England
- PNLA Training Limited, registered in England and Wales, No 5026041. Registered Office: Ross House The Square Stow-on-the-Wold Gloucestershire GL54 1AF – VAT Registration No: GB840575622
Use of this website
As an association the PNLA will help you search for a Lawyer or Specialist from those listed on this website. We do no more. We do not give advice. We do not vet or in any way accredit the Lawyers or Specialists. We have not verified their qualifications and identity. We accept no legal responsibility or liability for their service to you.
Members and Specialists
The management team reserve the right to reject applications for members and specialists and terminate their membership and listing in circumstances they consider appropriate. Any monies received will be refunded, in whole or in part, at the discretion of the management team.
- The full fee invoice for the conference ticket is payable.
- For conferences taking place at a venue on a fixed date, if cancellation is received in writing at least 21 working days before the event the fee will be credited less a £75 administration charge. Substitutions are welcome at any time subject to any variation in price that might be payable if the substitute is not entitled to a discount as a PNLA member or specialist.
- For virtual conferences the ticket(s) purchased are for the individual delegate(s) named in the booking. If a delegate gives access to the recorded speaker programme to others then they agree to pay for a ticket at the full fee for all those delegates who watch the programme deriving from such access.
- The booking constitutes a legally binding contract. The delegate and their employer/partnership/other practice entity are jointly and severally liable for payment of all the fees due.
- The PNLA and PNLA Training reserve the right without prior notice to vary or cancel an event where the occasion necessitates including changing the password for virtual conference programmes.
- The PNLA and PNLA Training accept no liability if, for whatever reason, the event does not take place or access online is not possible.
- Large print versions of the hand outs can be made available by prior request. If sufficient notice is not received, it will be provided as soon as possible after the event.
- If there are insufficient rooms in the hotel to accommodate all delegates who require one when an overnight stay is involved, we will try to arrange for rooms of a similar quality in a nearby hotel, but the organisers cannot be held responsible if such rooms are not available. Any additional cost will be invoiced to the delegate.
- To the extent permitted by law, it is agreed that the PNLA, PNLA Training Limited presenters and speakers will not be liable by reason of breach of contract, negligence or otherwise for any loss or consequential loss occasioned to any person acting, omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance upon the course material or presentation of the event, or, except to the extent that any such loss does not exceed the price of the event, arising from or connected with any error or omission in the material or presentation of the event. Consequential loss shall be deemed to include, but not limited to, any loss of profits or anticipated profits, damage to reputation or goodwill, loss of business or anticipated business, damages, costs, expenses incurred or payable to any third party or any other indirect or consequential losses.
- The personal information provided by you will be held on a database and you may be contacted from time to time by The PNLA and PNLA Training with details of events and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish your details to be used for this purpose, please write to: The Database Manager, PNLA, PO Box 1685, Congresbury, Bristol, BS 49 5WQ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org