Hosted by Karen Cornwell – TLT LLP Glasgow – https://www.tltsolicitors.com/people/karen-cornwell/ –
Main event sponsor: Temple Legal Protection
|Chairperson: Karen Cornwell||TLT|
|Keynote Speaker: Lady Wolffe||Commercial Judge - Court of Session|
|Sheriff Stuart Reid||Glasgow Sheriff Court|
|Alex Quinn||Law Accountant|
|Nicholas Davidson QC||4 New Square|
|Alan McMillan||Burness Paull|
|Stephen O’Rourke QC||Terra Firma Chambers|
|David Massaro||Axiom Advocates|
“Scots law – in this ever changing landscape you can stop to look at the view but need to keep moving”
David is recommended by Chambers UK for commercial dispute resolution in Scotland. He has a particular expertise in property and contract matters. He also regularly acts for clients in professional negligence actions, insolvency and corporate cases, and construction disputes.
David is a Standing Junior to the UK Government. He represents the UK Government in judicial review cases, including cases concerning human rights and EU law, and in civil and commercial matters. He also acts for local authorities and other public bodies.
David appears regularly in the Court of Session and the Sheriff Court. He has appeared in the UK Supreme Court, the Sheriff Appeal Court, the First Tier Tribunal and other specialist tribunals. He often represents clients in adjudications, arbitrations and mediations.
Prior to calling to the Bar, David practised as a senior solicitor for HBJ Gateley. He was the joint recipient of the Faculty’s Lord Reid Scholarship in 2013-14. He is a contributor to Court of Session Practice, and teaches property, trusts and succession law at the University of Edinburgh.
15:35-15:40 Chairperson’s closing remarks
Terms & Conditions
- The full fee invoice for the event is payable unless a cancellation is received in writing at least 21 working days before the event, when the fee will be credited less a £75 administration charge. Substitutions are welcome at any time subject to any variation in price that might be payable if the substitute is not entitled to a discount as a PNLA member or specialist.
- The booking constitutes a legally binding contract. The delegate and/or employer are jointly and severally liable for payment of all the fees due.
- The PNLA and PNLA Training reserve the right to vary or cancel an event where the occasion necessitates.
- The PNLA and PNLA Training accept no liability if, for whatever reason, the event does not take place.
- Large print versions of the hand outs can be made available by prior request. If sufficient notice is not received, it will be provided as soon as possible after the event.
- If there are insufficient rooms in the hotel to accommodate all delegates who require one when an overnight stay is involved, we will try to arrange for rooms of a similar quality in a nearby hotel, but the organisers cannot be held responsible if such rooms are not available. Any additional cost will be invoiced to the delegate.
- To the extent permitted by law, neither The PNLA, PNLA Training Limited or the presenters will be liable by reason of breach of contract, negligence or otherwise for any loss or consequential loss occasioned to any person acting, omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance upon the course material or presentation of the event, or, except to the extent that any such loss does not exceed the price of the event, arising from or connected with any error or omission in the material or presentation of the event. Consequential loss shall be deemed to include, but not limited to, any loss of profits or anticipated profits, damage to reputation or goodwill, loss of business or anticipated business, damages, costs, expenses incurred or payable to any third party or any other indirect or consequential losses.
- The personal information provided by you will be held on a database and you may be contacted from time to time by The PNLA and PNLA Training with details of events and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish your details to be used for this purpose, please write to: The Database Manager, PNLA, PO Box 1685, Congresbury, Bristol, BS 49 5WQ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Non Members Register to buy a ticket at www.pnla.org.uk /my-account/ and see Guidance Notes link below