Hosted by Karen Cornwell – TLT LLP Glasgow – https://www.tltsolicitors.com/people/karen-cornwell/ –
Main event sponsor: Temple Legal Protection
|Chairperson: Karen Cornwell||TLT|
|Keynote Speaker: Lady Wolffe||Commercial Judge - Court of Session|
|Sheriff Stuart Reid||Glasgow Sheriff Court|
|Alex Quinn||Law Accountant|
|Nicholas Davidson QC||4 New Square|
|Alan McMillan||Burness Paull|
|Stephen O’Rourke QC||Terra Firma Chambers|
|David Massaro||Axiom Advocates|
“Scots law – in this ever changing landscape you can stop to look at the view but need to keep moving”
David is recommended by Chambers UK for commercial dispute resolution in Scotland. He has a particular expertise in property and contract matters. He also regularly acts for clients in professional negligence actions, insolvency and corporate cases, and construction disputes.
David is a Standing Junior to the UK Government. He represents the UK Government in judicial review cases, including cases concerning human rights and EU law, and in civil and commercial matters. He also acts for local authorities and other public bodies.
David appears regularly in the Court of Session and the Sheriff Court. He has appeared in the UK Supreme Court, the Sheriff Appeal Court, the First Tier Tribunal and other specialist tribunals. He often represents clients in adjudications, arbitrations and mediations.
Prior to calling to the Bar, David practised as a senior solicitor for HBJ Gateley. He was the joint recipient of the Faculty’s Lord Reid Scholarship in 2013-14. He is a contributor to Court of Session Practice, and teaches property, trusts and succession law at the University of Edinburgh.
15:35-15:40 Chairperson’s closing remarks
Terms & Conditions
PNLA is the trading name for:
- The Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association Limited registered in England and Wales No 5206167. Registered Office: 61 Macrae Road Pill Bristol BS20 0DD England
- PNLA Training Limited, registered in England and Wales, No 5026041. Registered Office: Ross House The Square Stow-on-the-Wold Gloucestershire GL54 1AF – VAT Registration No: GB840575622
Use of this website
As an association the PNLA will help you search for a Lawyer or Specialist from those listed on this website. We do no more. We do not give advice. We do not vet or in any way accredit the Lawyers or Specialists. We have not verified their qualifications and identity. We accept no legal responsibility or liability for their service to you.
Members and Specialists
The management team reserve the right to reject applications for members and specialists and terminate their membership and listing in circumstances they consider appropriate. Any monies received will be refunded, in whole or in part, at the discretion of the management team.
- The full fee invoice for the conference ticket is payable.
- For conferences taking place at a venue on a fixed date, if cancellation is received in writing at least 21 working days before the event the fee will be credited less a £75 administration charge. Substitutions are welcome at any time subject to any variation in price that might be payable if the substitute is not entitled to a discount as a PNLA member or specialist.
- For virtual conferences the ticket(s) purchased are for the individual delegate(s) named in the booking. If a delegate gives access to the recorded speaker programme to others then they agree to pay for a ticket at the full fee for all those delegates who watch the programme deriving from such access.
- The booking constitutes a legally binding contract. The delegate and their employer/partnership/other practice entity are jointly and severally liable for payment of all the fees due.
- The PNLA and PNLA Training reserve the right without prior notice to vary or cancel an event where the occasion necessitates including changing the password for virtual conference programmes.
- The PNLA and PNLA Training accept no liability if, for whatever reason, the event does not take place or access online is not possible.
- Large print versions of the hand outs can be made available by prior request. If sufficient notice is not received, it will be provided as soon as possible after the event.
- If there are insufficient rooms in the hotel to accommodate all delegates who require one when an overnight stay is involved, we will try to arrange for rooms of a similar quality in a nearby hotel, but the organisers cannot be held responsible if such rooms are not available. Any additional cost will be invoiced to the delegate.
- To the extent permitted by law, it is agreed that the PNLA, PNLA Training Limited presenters and speakers will not be liable by reason of breach of contract, negligence or otherwise for any loss or consequential loss occasioned to any person acting, omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance upon the course material or presentation of the event, or, except to the extent that any such loss does not exceed the price of the event, arising from or connected with any error or omission in the material or presentation of the event. Consequential loss shall be deemed to include, but not limited to, any loss of profits or anticipated profits, damage to reputation or goodwill, loss of business or anticipated business, damages, costs, expenses incurred or payable to any third party or any other indirect or consequential losses.
- The personal information provided by you will be held on a database and you may be contacted from time to time by The PNLA and PNLA Training with details of events and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish your details to be used for this purpose, please write to: The Database Manager, PNLA, PO Box 1685, Congresbury, Bristol, BS 49 5WQ or email: email@example.com
Non Members Register to buy a ticket at www.pnla.org.uk /my-account/ and see Guidance Notes link below