Bevan Brittan LLP
- SRA ID No. 337003
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Toronto Square
7th Floor, Toronto Street
- 03701 945488
Judith has over 15 years’ experience in advising on a range of commercial litigation disputes.
Judith is an expert in professional negligence claims. Her experience includes:
• Representing a public body bringing a claim for professional negligence against former solicitors for £2.6 million arising from a failure to enter into a Deed of Variation before the expiry of a break notice in a lease. Case settled at three party mediation with contributions from the property agent as well as the solicitors.
• Acting for a bank in a multi-million pound professional negligence claim against a monitoring surveyor for failing to properly advise as to numerous defects, including significant fire safety issues. Case settled at mediation.
• Advising a business on a claim against solicitors for missing a limitation period.
• Advising a local authority on a claim arising from a failure by a firm of solicitors to advise properly on a Deed of Variation for an energy/waste PFI.
• Acting for a bank in a high value professional negligence claim arising from a failure by solicitors to advise correctly on overage provisions. Case settled at mediation.
• Advising sellers of a company on a claim against former accountants for failing to advise properly on the tax implications to the structure of the deal.
Areas of Expertise
- Solicitor - Commercial Litigation